Upcoming Dates Each webinar course is split into two 4-hour days, and is offered on multiple dates.
HUD 101 Part 1 & 2 (Multifamily):
This webinar series is for persons new to the HUD Multifamily audit area. The course is an introduction to the required concepts for auditing HUD Projects. The training will be conducted as a webinar and will be in two four-hour sessions. There are no prerequisites for this course other than a basic understanding of audit theory.
|Part 1||Part 2|
|COURSE||FEE||MEMBER FEE *|
|Multifamily Update, Lender Update, HUD 101 (Each 4 hour session: 4 CPE Credits)||$149||$129|
|Multifamily Conference(Each 5+ hour session: 5.3 CPE Credits)||$169||$149|
|Multifamily ConferenceSign up for all 3 days to receive $50 discount: 16 CPE Credits||$457||$397|
Attendance Monitoring for Webinars
AHACPA uses a variety of methods to monitor participant engagement and attendance.
Tracking for Individuals: Our internet-based classes are hosted on the Zoom.us platform. Throughout the course poll questions will randomly pop up asking you to confirm you are in attendance. CPE credit will be awarded after AHACPA reviews participant responses to poll questions.
Tracking for Groups: In situations where small groups view a course together, it is not necessary for the individuals in the small group to respond to the polling questions individually. The person logged into the program may respond to the polling question on behalf of the group. However, there must be an individual in the group monitoring active participation. A form will be provided to group for tracking purposes. This form must be returned to AHACPA before CPE certificates will be issued.
Who Should Attend:
Multifamily Update or Conference
Auditors, owners & managers of HUD-subsidized multifamily properties
Auditors, owners, managers, and other financial personnel of HUD-Approved Lenders.
PHA Financial Personnel, Auditors, Fee Accountants, and Financial Managers
Individuals new to the Multifamily HUD audit area.
AHACPA provides Group Live, and Group Internet Based courses with interactive discussion.
Participants will receive knowledge enabling them to more successfully:
- Understand compliance requirements, including recent changes.
- Complete audit procedures in more complete and efficient manner.
- Comply with professional standards in the completion of those audits.
- Successfully prepare acceptable documentation to support audit work.
CPE Credit & Field of Study:
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE Credits will be granted based on a 50-minute hour.
|COURSE||CPE Credits Accounting(Governmental)||CPE Credits Auditing(Governmental)||Total|
|4 hour Webinar (per session)||2||2||4|
|Multifamily Conference Webinar (per session)||2.6||2.7||5.3|
|One-day in person course||4||4||8|
|Two-day in person course||8||8||16|
AHACPA Offers update-level courses. You should have a basic working knowledge of general accounting or auditing experience.
No advance preparation is required. Prior to the course, attendees will receive a link to the electronic materials. In-person attendees will receive a hard-copy printed book in addition to the electronic materials.
A microphone and webcam are not required for webinar attendees. The webinar software provides opportunities for written communication with the instructor.
Refunds & Cancellations:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or fax is fine).
- Webinars: Registration fees are fully refundable provided the request is received at least two business days prior to the webinar. Requests received less than 2 days before the course will receive a refund less an administration fee of $25.
- In-Person Courses: Registration fees are fully refundable provided the request is received at least three weeks prior to the course. Requests received after this date, but one week before the course will receive a refund less an administration fee of $50 for One-day Update Courses and $75 for Two-day Conferences. Due to financial obligations incurred by AHACPA, no refunds will be issued for cancellation requests received less than a week before the course.
In the unlikely Course that AHACPA must cancel a course, all registrations fees paid to AHACPA by attendees will be refunded in full.
For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our office at 801-547-0809.
AHACPA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.