- This event has passed.
Tenant Files 101 – Part 1
Oct 27, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT$149
Tenant Files 101 – This class will introduce auditors and management company personnel to the basic concepts of providing subsidy to tenants. A potential agenda is included below.
- Overview of the subsidy process
- Related HUD guidance
- HAP Contract
- Renewal contracts
- The Occupancy Guide (HUD Handbook 4350.3)
- HUD Systems
- Interfaces with client software
- Overall Requirements (these are not in-depth conversations, but more introductions)
- Affirmative fair Housing Marketing Plan
- Tenant Selection Plan
- Section 504
- Other (Grievance policy, Maintenance policy, VAWA
- Overview of Rental Process
- Waitlist Management and tenant selection (includes HUD’s evolution on criminal screening)
- Determining Income & Calculating Rent
- Recertifications/Rent Changes
- A more in-depth discussion of TRACS and a few other systems.