Single Audit for HUD – This course will address the differences between a multifamily audit under the HUD Audit Guide versus one under Uniform Guidance. Differences to be discussed will include:
- Basics of Uniform Guidance planning
- Low-risk auditee determination
- A/B program classifications
- Applications of Compliance supplements
- Section 202/811
- Section 8 cluster
- Application of guidance where no compliance supplement is available. This is of particular interest for any NFP entity who has a HUD-insured mortgage, including how to apply the HUD Audit Guide
- Differences in reporting of findings and corrective action plans between the Guide and UG.
- Required internal control over compliance testing
- Correlation of procedures between compliance and AFS testing.
- Sampling strategies available for single audits
This course is scheduled for 4 hours of governmental auditing. A basic knowledge of HUD Audits is recommended.