17th Annual PHA Conference
June 7th & 8th, 2016
June 7: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
June 8: 8:00 am – 3:10 pm
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Course Fee: $650 ($600 for AHACPA Members)
May 6th May 23rd for a $50 early-registration discount
Fee includes course materials, continental breakfast, lunch,
soda/coffee breaks and a social hour on the first day of the conference at 5:00 pm
- Course Registration – Online
- Course Registration – Printable Form
- If you need a W-9 form before you register click here
Our contracted room block at the Cosmopolitan is full. The current rate at the Cosmopolitan is cost prohibitive. The following is a list of nearby hotels including rates as of 5/16 for check-in on 6/6 and check-out 6/8: Vdara – $368, Bellagio – $473, Planet Hollywood – $400, Paris Las Vegas – $409, Aria Las Vegas – $498.
June 07, 2016
- 8:00 am: Public Housing Program Update presented by Les Sparks, Ron Urlaub & Chris Kubacki
- 9:50 am: GASB 68 – a Detailed Look presented by Chad Porter
- 12:30 pm: Update from REAC presented by Bella Young
- 2:10 pm: Breakout Sessions
- Option #1 – RAD Track presented by Ron Miller and Dale Rector
- Option #2 – PHA Audit Track
- 5:00: Social Hour
June 08, 2016
- 8:00 am: HCV Update presented by Ron Urlaub
- 9:50 am: Accounting and Auditing Update presented by Les Sparks
- 12:30 pm: Internal Control for Greenbook – a PHA Primer presented by Les Sparks
- 2:00 pm: Question & Answer Session Panel Discussion
- Chris Kubacki, Senior Associate, Phineas Consulting, LLC
- Ronald A. Miller, CPA, MBA, Managing Partner, Affordable Housing Accountants
- Chad Porter, Audit Partner, Smith Marion & Co, LLP
- Dale Rector, CPA – Principal, Rector, Reeder & Lofton, PC
- Les Sparks, President, AHACPA
- Ron Urlaub, CPA, Partner, Urlaub & Co., PLLC
- Bella Young, CPA, Assessment Manager, HUD PIH-REAC
LEARNING OBJECTIVE: To learn HUD accounting, audit, and electronic submission requirements and how to efficiently implement those requirements.
PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE LEVEL: AHACPA offers update-level courses. You should have a basic working knowledge of General HUD accounting or audit experience.
PREREQUISITES/ADVANCED PREPARATION: You do not need to print any course materials prior to your arrival. Attendees will be provided a printed manual upon check-in at the course. They will also be given the opportunity to download digital materials.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD: Group-Live with interactive discussion, guides and practice aids, case studies.
LENGTH/CPA CREDITS/FIELD OF STUDY: One-day Update Courses provide up to 8 hours CPE credit (4 hours governmental accounting and 4 hours governmental auditing). Two-day Conferences provide up to 16 hours CPE credit (8 hours governmental accounting and 8 hours governmental auditing).
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or fax is fine). Registration fees are fully refundable provided the request is received at least three weeks prior to the course. Requests received after this date, but one week before the course will receive a refund less an administration fee of $50 for Update Courses and $75 for Conferences. Due to financial obligations incurred by AHACPA, no refunds will be issued for cancellation requests received less than a week before the course.
SUBSTITUTIONS: If you are unable to attend a course you may substitute another individual or change locations without penalty. The location change must be within the same calendar year. For proper CPE credit and record keeping, you must notify us in advance of any substitution or change in location.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For more information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our office at 800-532-0809.