16th Annual PHA Conference
June 8th & 9th, 2015
June 8: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
June 9: 8:00 am – 3:10 pm
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Course Fee: $650 ($600 for AHACPA Members)**
Fee includes course materials, continental breakfast, lunch,
soda/coffee breaks and a social hour on the first day of the conference at 5:00 pm
- Course Registration – Online
- Course Registration – Printable Form
- If you need a W-9 form before you register click here
We have a limited number of guest rooms reserved at the rate of $155 per night**. This room rate is valid for June 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th. Availability is on a first come basis and is not guaranteed. Make your reservations early. Reservations can be made by calling (855) 435-0005. Identify yourself as part of the AHACPA Meeting Group (SAHAC5) or online through this link. Reservations must be made by
May 8, 2015 May 15, 2015.
**The Cosmopolitan will automatically add a resort fee of $25 per night to your bill. This fee provides guests with the use of resort services and amenities that are designed to enhance the guest experience. The services and amenities include:
- High speed internet access (in-room and public areas)
- 24 Hour Fitness Center access
- Unlimited local, toll free and domestic long distance telephone calls (all 50 states)
- Tennis court access (based upon availability)
Agenda subject to slight changes
June 08, 2015
- 8:00 AM: Public Housing Update presented by Chris Kubacki
- 9:50 AM: RAD, a Different Perspective presented by Dale Rector
- 12:30 PM: GASB 61 – New Interpretations and Impact on RAD and Tax Credit Reporting presented by Chad Porter
- 2:10 PM: RAD Program Update and Conversion for Public Housing presented by Les Sparks
- 3:50 PM: Changes to FSS Program presented by Chris Kubacki
June 09, 2015
- 8:00 AM: HCV Update, Cash Management, VMS Update presented by Ron Urlaub
- 9:50 AM: AICPA/Auditing Update – Internal control, New COSO presented by Marlow Hunter
- 12:30 PM: GASB & Single Audit Audit Topics presented by Les Sparks
- 2:00 PM: Question & Answer Session presented by Panel Discussion
- Marlow Hunter, CPA, Marlow C. Hunter, P.C.
- Chris Kubacki, Senior Associate, Phineas Consulting, LLC
- Dale Rector, CPA – Principal, Rector, Reeder & Lofton, PC
- Chad Porter, Audit Partner, Smith Marion & Co., LLP
- Les Sparks, President, AHACPA
- Ron Urlaub, CPA, Partner, Urlaub & Co., PLLC
OBJECTIVE: To learn HUD accounting, audit, and electronic submission requirements and how to efficiently implement those requirements.
PREREQUISITES/ADVANCED PREPARATION: General HUD accounting or audit experience. You do not need to print any course materials prior to your arrival. All materials will be provided for you.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHOD: Group-Live with interactive discussion, guides and practice aids, case studies.
LENGTH/CPA CREDITS: One-day Update Courses provide up to 8 hours CPE credit (4 hours governmental accounting and 4 hours governmental auditing). Two-day Conferences provide up to 16 hours CPE credit (8 hours governmental accounting and 8 hours governmental auditing).
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or fax is fine). Registration fees are fully refundable provided the request is received at least three weeks prior to the course. Requests received after this date, but one week before the course will receive a refund less an administration fee of $50 for Update Courses and $75 for Conferences. Due to financial obligations incurred by AHACPA no refunds will be issued on cancellation requests received less than a week before the course.
SUBSTITUTIONS: If you are unable to attend a course you may substitute another individual or change locations without penalty. The location change must be within the same calendar year. For proper CPE credit and record keeping, you must notify us in advance of any substitution or change in location.
CONTACT INFORMATION: For more information regarding refund, complaint and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our office at 800-532-0809.